Facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
For more information, call (709) 753-8550, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Canadian Mental Health Association Newfoundland & Labrador | CMHA-NL (cmhanl.ca)
St. John's, NL
A leadership advocacy group dedicated to promoting research and providing public support services and information about matters related to eating disorders, including information on available treatment services for individuals and families who experience disordered eating.
For more information, call 1-855-722-0500 or visit Eating Disorder Foundation of NL (edfnl.ca)
13 Pippy Pl, St. John's, NL A1B 3X2
The Eating Disorder Inpatient Program (EDIP) is a four-bed inpatient eating disorder unit at the Health Sciences Centre. This program provides inpatient services for adults 18 years and older with eating disorders whose restrictive eating and/or compensatory behaviour (purging, over exercising, laxative use) place them at high risk for medical complications.
Visit the website to learn more.
Health Sciences Centre
300 Prince Philip Drive
St. John's, NL
An intensive outpatient program for individuals age 15+, across the province diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or other specified feeding and eating disorder. Referral required.
A service of Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador (MUN) for it's students. The Counselling and Psychological Services at MUN Grenfell site in Corner Brook offers individualized personal counselling and health and wellness supports and is dedicated to helping students remain healthy and make good life choices while pursuing their academic goals.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
20 University Drive
Non-profit organization providing information, resources, referrals and support on eating disorders and food and weight preoccupation to individuals with eating disorders and their families.
Provides support for recovery from compulsive eating using the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of OA. Meetings and other tools provide a fellowship of experience, strength and hope where members respect one another’s anonymity. Meetings take place weekly in the St. John s and Mount Pearl areas.
Supports individuals primarily 16 years and over, and is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions through a series of programming:
- Education (youth16-29 yrs.) - provides foundational literacy and numeracy & GED preparation & testing,
- Street Reach (16 & Older) - Drop in & Street Based outreach services grounding in harm reduction. Also provides one-on-one individualized services through a referral process to assist with a number of challenges including but not limited to housing & homelessness, mental health and substance use, justice, and social inclusion.
- C.A.S.E.Y. (Coalition Against the Sexual Exploitation of Youth) - Provides youth prevention groups, training & awareness activities.
- Blue Door Program (14 - 29 years) - provides intensive one-on-one & group supports to individuals seeking support to leave experiences in the sex trade.
- Directory of Services - has developed and extensive list of community resources. This directory is updated annually and is available here https://www.thrivecyn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2021-Directory_Revised.pdf
St. John's, NL A1E 0A5